Monday, 13 January 2014

Cleaning Time #1


These last few days I've been cleaning old hardware I've recently acquired. Some of this stuff has not been used for years! I'll be posting more pictures in the coming days / weeks as I clean up and revise more hardware.

Up first is an Amiga keyboard I recently got my hands on.


This A4000 keyboard has seen better days as you can see, but after a dis-assembly, cleaning and some brightening of the plastic it is looking really nice again.



Here's the cleaned and brightened keyboard. I know the plastic is not perfectly white again, but that's fine by me. It's old hardware and that's fine but at least it is not a dirty, yellowed brown anymore.



Up next is the Amiga 4000 front panel and case cover. The case cover will have to be sanded and re-sprayed.

Review 1541 Ultimate II+

Recently I bought the new version of the 1541 Ultimate II cartridge. It is the best investment you can do when you enjoy your Commodore 64 a...